Welcome to the online blackjack section at Intertops Casino! This card game is one of the most popular casino thrills in the whole world, and for good reason too! If you’ve never played before, then you’re in for a real treat. We have a whole load of blackjack games online at Intertops Casino, depending on your level of skill and challenge.
You don’t have to be a pro to play with us, as we will teach you the ropes, including a great first time strategy. There’s also some fun facts and interesting history to be found in this section. So what are you waiting for? Let’s double down!
The basics of online blackjack
The basics of online blackjack are pretty quick to pick up, which means you don’t need to be a pro to play. We’ve created a handy quick start guide, that will get you started at the tables! Once you’ve mastered the basics, you can check out our blackjack strategy and further hints and tips, to truly master this exciting casino classic.
- -The object of the game is to get as close to 21 as possible, with your playing cards. If you go over 21 then you’re bust! If the dealer gets closer to 21 then the dealer wins. Sounds simple enough, right?
- -Both you and the dealer will be dealt two cards in the beginning, after you have put down an initial bet. You can bet between $1 and $500 for each deal! Face cards such as King, Queen, Jack are all worth 10, and an Ace can be 1 or 11.
- -Add up your two cards, and decide whether you want to stand (stick with what you have), draw another card, double your bet, or split the cards. We’ll go into online blackjack strategy a bit more further down.
- -You will be able to see one of the dealers cards, and this should be used to help you make a decision. Come up with a strategy based on your own cards, and what you think the dealer has.
- -Once you and the dealer have ‘stuck’ with your cards, the winner will be determined. The closest to 21, without going over, will win the bet!
There are many different types of blackjack games, however these are the basics for most standard blackjack games. We have included rules for all our blackjack games, on the actual game itself! Simply click on the ‘rules’ tab, on the left, and check out how to play that particular game. Remember, you can also play free blackjack online at Intertops Casino, to help you learn the ropes.
Online blackjack strategy
There are many different types of online blackjack strategies, some which will work better for you than others. As you play more online blackjack, you’ll begin to develop your own strategy that works best for you. Many professional players mix between different strategies, to help make the most out of the luck in the game too!
At Intertops Casino, we want beginners to enjoy our online blackjack as much as professionals. We have put together a quick beginner strategy, to help you understand the game a bit better. Remember, not all strategies are perfect, and this will not guarantee you winning every time! However, it’s a good place to start and develop your own strategy from.
Soft player hands
This doesn’t mean that your hands are nicely moisturized! This basically means that you have one or more Aces in your hand, which can either stand for 1 or 11. As with all blackjack hands, it’s important to look at what the dealer has too. This little guide should help you make a better decision, for your first few games:
You have Dealer has Stand/Draw
13 to 15 Any number Draw
16 to 18 2 to 6 Draw or Double
16 to 18 7 to A Draw
19 to 21 Any number Stand
Hard player hands
Hard player hands are just the opposite of soft hands; without an Ace! You may have an Ace within a hard hand, but it will be forced to count as a 1, for whatever reason. Let’s have a look at what you should do with your hard blackjack hands.
You have Dealer has Stand/Draw
4 to 8 Any number Draw
9 2 to 6 Draw or Double
10 or 11 Less than you Draw or Double
12 to 16 2 to A Stand
12 to 16 7 to A Draw
17 to 21 Any number Stand
This is a great place to start your online blackjack strategy, although you’ll soon develop your very own strategy. This casino game is all about forward thinking, maths and a little bit of luck. The luck element means that even the best thought out strategy won’t work every time! See how you get on with our beginner’s strategy, which you can even try out for free at Intertops Online Casino (just click on the ‘play for fun‘ option at the top of the blackjack screen).
The history of blackjack
Blackjack is also known as 21, and started off it’s life with that name! It’s said the the original game has an unknown origin, so we don’t really know where it started off. However, many people believe that this popular card game originated somewhere in Europe, most likely France. There are also plenty of references to blackjack in a book written during the 1600s, by Spanish author Miguel de Cervantes.
Gambling laws around the world have pushed blackjack into the underground gambling scene, especially during the 19th Century. Many gangsters and organized criminals would run illegal blackjack games, in bars and underground casinos around America. Twenty-one eventually made it into legal casinos in America, where gamblers were offered incentives to play. One of these incentives was a ten to one bonus payout, if the player’s hand consisted of the Ace of Spades and a Black Jack. So, the name Blackjack was born!
Top 5 blackjack facts
Blackjack has such an interesting history, and some pretty incredible facts that we bet you didn’t know! We love casino game facts at Intertops Casino, especially about our favorite games. We’ve put together 5 of the best blackjack facts we could find; perfect for those trivia pub quizzes.
- - There are more blackjack strategies than for any other casino game in the world! Just by searching the phrase you’ll find hundreds that work, and plenty that don’t as well. Many professionals like to come up with their own strategies, and keep them a secret!
- - There’s one strategy that will work nearly every time, but is frowned on by casinos. You also need to be a complete maths genius! Card counting is a clever way of memorizing the cards that have been drawn, and anticipating the next cards out. You’re very likely to be thrown out of a casino for counting cards.
- - You may have heard a lot of strange phrases around a blackjack table, especially if playing in a casino. Blackjack is known for having plenty of odd slang phrases, used by professional gamblers and novices alike. Our favorite is ‘never surrender’!
- -Napoleon really enjoyed playing 21, especially to kill time during his exile in Elba. Strategy was obviously a priority for this famous gambler, but we bet he wishes he could have played blackjack online instead of in a prison cell!
- - There is a blackjack ‘Hall of Fame’ in a Californian casino! All of the best players are featured there, but are never allowed to play blackjack in the casino itself (probably because they’ll always win). Instead they get given free hotel stays, food and drinks for the rest of their life. Who knows, you could be featured there soon; best get practicing!